Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Preface

“He’s found out.”

Of all the words that I wanted to hear, those were the ones that were on the bottom of the list. Not for my sake, but for the sake of the speaker. If it was someone else who spoke the words for a different purpose, I probably wouldn’t have cared. I might have smiled or nodded or if I didn’t understand, I would’ve raised my brow in confusion. At this point, I wished that I was confused and didn’t know the full meaning of those three simple words. Alone, they were harmless and common. But together, in this context, it was high school suicide.

All I could do was look into the speaker’s eyes and only begin to comprehend the anguish she was feeling. But my understanding only lasted for a few seconds, because I then remembered the multiple times before that the speaker came to me with those very words, or similar to them. Not just one time before. Many. Each time I gave her the same exasperated sigh and a pat on the back, and this time was not going to be any different.

The speaker was my close friend, Kaylee Foster. And the “he” she is and will always be referring to is our good friend Nathaniel Blake.

[So, this is the preface to the story and thats as far as I've gotten in the story. I don't know where to start! Friends of mine, preferably Sara, I need your input!]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Not for my sake, but for the sake of the speaker."

I just think it flows better.. but, thats just me, you're the author... of my life.

Kirsti said...

I'll change it. Its not life-altering, so might as well.

Thanks! :]

Current Blogspot Quiz

You Should Be an Artist
You are incredibly creative, spontaneous, and unique. No one can guess what you're going to do next, but it's usually something amazing. You can't deal with routine, rules, or structure. You're easily bored. As long as you are able to innovate and break the rules, you are extremely successful. You do best when you: - Can work by yourself - Can express your personality in your work You would also be a good journalist or actor.